The first independent workshop was opened in 1902 in Barão de S. Cosme Street, Porto (Portugal) by Manuel Alcino de Sousa e Silva, who, in 1911, created a society in partnership with his sons Raul Alcino and Alcino Sousa e Silva.
After the death of Manuel Alcino Sousa e Silva (1916) his son Raul Alcino Sousa e Silva registered a new mark managing the business until his retirement in 1935.
The activity was continued by his nephew Manuel Alcino de Carvalho Moutinho with a new mark and a new workshop in S. Victor Street 17, in Bonfim parish.
In 1963 Manuel Alcino de Carvalho Moutinho passed away and his mark was transferred to his son Manuel Alcino Figueiredo Moutinho.
In 1966 the workshop moved to its current location, in Santos Pousada Street 76, continuing its expansion and development by acquisition of several assets (drawings and moulds in particular) of important silversmithing companies.
In 1986 has been registered the hallmark of Manuel Alcino & Filhos, Lda and, from 1993, the firm participated to various exhibitions in Portugal and abroad (Copenhagen, S. Paulo-Brazil).